The Luxembourg Presidency
In July 2015, Luxembourg took over from Latvia its twelfth presidency of the Council of the EU. The 18-month programme of the trio Italy-Latvia-Luxembourg is based on shared priorities, including overcoming economic crisis, promoting economic growth and creating new jobs.
The Priorities of Luxembourg Presidency
The Luxembourg Presidency will target notably these priorities:
- Stimulating investment to boost growth and employment
- Deepening the European Union’s social dimension
- Managing migration, combining freedom, justice and security
- Revitalising the single market by focusing on its digital dimension
- Placing European competitiveness in a global and transparent framework
- Promoting sustainable development
- Strengthening the European Union’s presence on the global stage
Presidency priorities and the 6-month programme are available here.
Presidency calendar can be browsed here.
For more information, please visit the official website of the presidency.